Monday, April 13, 2009

Does anyone have an awesome Peach Cobbler recipe NOT on the Internet? Traditional/Passed Down/Home?

I%26#039;m looking fo an outstanding peach cobbler recipe. My boyfriend favorite dessert is a good ole souther peach cobbler. Tonight we%26#039;re goin%26#039; over to our friend house, who are about twice are age and always welcome us in and the neighboorhood is all their friends-- their down south workin folk, the wife has MS and the husband is a power and light lineman, and they always make ME feel so at home and accept me, and he introduced me to them. She%26#039;s an amazing cook and even though I have an eating disoder that I struggle with, yet I always feel comfortable there. I bake better than I cook, so I like to bring something, so I bring a dessert I%26#039;m going to the farmers market today and last time at the grocer saw some spectacular peaches, so I figure they%26#039;re coming into season. So I%26#039;m looking for REAL Peach Cobbler recipe that%26#039;s tried and true, original, and really worth the fresh ingredients and time...I can find a lot online and books obviously but everyone has those...

Does anyone have an awesome Peach Cobbler recipe NOT on the Internet? Traditional/Passed Down/Home?
In this recipe you can use either fresh or canned peaches. If using fresh, peel and slice peaches. Make a simple syrup, 1 cup sugar and 3/4 cup water mixed together in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, add fresh peaches, stir to coat and turn off heat. Allow the peaches to stay in the syrup until you are ready to use them. If using canned use one large can of sliced peaches in syrup (not water).





Here%26#039;s the recipe:


1 cup milk


1 cup flour


1 cup sugar


1 stick butter


dash of cinnamon


peaches...either one large can or 2 1/2 cups fresh sliced in syrup.





Mix milk, flour, sugar and cinnamon together in bowl. In dutch oven or large baking dish melt the one stick of butter. Once that is melted, pour the milk mixture on top of it. DO NOT STIR. Add your peaches, including syrup, on top of that, and once again do NOT stir. Now just bake in oven until your crust is golden brown. Bake at 350*, and it usually takes 30 to 45 minutes, depending on your oven. This is the recipe my Grandma passed down to me. We are from Louisiana by the way.





Also this recipe is very easy to adjust. If you have a lot of peaches (fresh) you can make it a larger cobbler by adding additional milk, flour, sugar. All you have to do is keep those three ingredients same amount. Add one additional tablespoon of butter per each half cup of additional ingredients.





I hope this helps. Any questions or problems, just email me.


Enjoy
Reply:This recipe has been passed down in my family for years!





2 cups sugar (divided use)


3 cups peaches, sliced


1 stick margarine


1 ½ teaspoons baking powder


1 cup flour


¾ cup milk


Salt to taste


Cinnamon to taste





Preheat oven to 350 F.





Sprinkle 1 cup sugar over peaches; mix well and set aside. Melt margarine in 9x11-inch baking pan. Mix remaining cup of sugar with baking powder and flour. Mix in milk, and pour over melted margarine. Place peaches on top of batter; do not stir. Bake for 1 hour. Makes 8 servings.



super nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment